Delta state has concluded local government election in the state. The election was conducted by the Delta State Independent Electoral Commission (DSIEC).
The results of the election were announced by DSIEC on Sunday and the elected chairmen and their vice were sworn in on Monday March 8, 2021. People’s Democratic Party (PDP) cleared all the seats living no one for the opposition.
Here are the facts I must drive into your head with regards to the outcome of the election between the APC and PDP in Delta state.
1. Delta is a PDP state. This is non-negotiable
2. The footsoldiers of PDP in Delta across the 25 LGAs can dwarf APC in all elections.
3. APC in Delta state is one of the most disunited groups in Nigeria.
4. APC leaders in Delta are living like cat and rat
5. They have never once campaigned in any elections, maybe they are afraid they may not win
6. PDP members were seen campaigning from wars to ward in the state
7. PDP in Delta has so much money to share to voters as a way of inducement.
8. APC members are only after their pockets
9. All the members of the State House of Assembly are members of PDP. There are 29 members in the house of assembly
10. Only two members of the APC are in the National Assembly. That is Omo-Age and Rev. Francis Waive.
11. Representatives of the APC at the federal level cannot use federal might to overpower the PDP.
12. APC members do not have an acceptable leader in the state. They are all claiming to be leaders, they have no sense of direction
13. In Delta, anybody whom the leaders of PDP give the party ticket to is already seen as having won election. It is a matter of waiting for swearing in.
14. APC leaders and members are easily intimidated by the PDP because the APC does not have real men on ground.
15. PDP members can easily buy the mind and conscience of the electorate because the party has so much money unlike the APC in the state..
16. All the PDP members in the state are usually given marching order to win their units and wards in every election.
17. Since the DSIEC members were appointed by the PDP led government, they have no strength of their own to resist pressure from the PDP leaders in the state.