Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has revealed that he withdrew a motion before the Appeal Court over a request to inspect electoral materials because the issue had been overtaken by other events.
In a statement, Abubakar said that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had already granted him access to inspect the material hence his withdrawal of the motio
He said the clarification was important following insinuations and mischievous reporting of the withdrawal of the application for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to grant access to his legal team and the PDP on the inspection of the documents related to the Feb. 25 Presidential Election
In a report by Vanguard, it is important to note that the appellate court had granted the request of PDP and Abubakar to be granted unfettered access to the INEC documents used for the presidential electio
“On March 10, 2023, we filed a motion (number 12M) ex parte and affidavit of urgency to ensure the implementation of the court order
“The court, however, asked that we put the president-elect, Sen. Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the INEC on notice
“Consequently, we filed a motion on notice (number 13M) and motion ex parte (number 13MA) for substituted service on Tinubu,” he sai
It was reported that on Tuesday at a conference meeting between lawyers of the PDP, LP, APC, and INEC, access was eventually granted to the legal team of PDP by INEC,” he sai
Abubakar said when the matter came up for hearing on Wednesday, the legal team withdrew the two motion
He said the motions were withdrawn because access had already been granted on Tuesday to Abubakar and PDP.
Leave a Reply