The Forum of SAs and SSAs to the Governor of Delta State, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa has outlined its mission statement in a communique issued after an emergency meeting held recently.
According to a release by the Public Relations Officer of the group, Mr. Sammy Fejoku, the group noted that it has become necessary to clarify issues because of insinuations from some quarters.
The statement reads:
In view of different insinuations from some quarters about the formation of this forum, it has become necessary to put certain issues in proper perspective.
1.The forum is not a duplication of any kind as it is formed to enhance our work as SAs and SSAs in our local government.
- The forum is not going to dabble into local politics, as our mandate is to assist the governor to achieve his goals collectively in our LGA.
- Our mission is not to form a political block but to work towards achieving peace that will enhance the Stronger Delta agenda of His Excellency for which we were appointed.
- To give equal and unflinching support to all our political leaders in the LGA without bias.
- We are of the view that the task before us is to ensure the successful implementation of the administration’s policies and programmes and not to dabble into political issues, since we have leaders who, we believe, will always give us positive political direction.
- We believe and are convinced that we have the inalienable right to form a group that will enhance our job as SAs and SSAs to H.E.
- We are still part and parcel of any arrangement that our leaders are making or may make in the future.
- The group abhors factions and will work collectively with all our leaders to achieve H.E’s goals for which we were appointed.
- The group is open for all SAs and SSAs to H.E, but only voluntarily.
- One of the moral qualifications of any volunteered member is to see every political leader in the LGA as his or her leader. *No selective affiliations*.
- Our motto is *Peace, Service and Unity*.
We are therefore poised to achieve peace and unity in our local government area.