By Christian Ogoh
There was pandemonium in Boji Boji metropolis following the death of a middle-aged man who was allegedly electrocuted by high tension wire.
According to a source, who preferred anonymity, the young man believed to be a businessman, met his untimely death very early on Saturday, July 25, 2020 while riding his motorcycle along the Old Lagos Asaba Road, close to Mary Mount College.
It was revealed that the high-tension wire belonging the Benin Electricity Distribution company (BEDC) suddenly fell and struck him at the back making him to fall uncontrollably on the tarred road.
Our correspondent learnt that it took the effort of some individuals who put calls across to BEDC office before power was switched off from the cable to avert more casualties.
It was also gathered that the man was rushed to a nearby hospital by sympathizers but according to our source, the man could not make it because he was seriously injured by the high-tension wire.
Some individuals who spoke with newsmen at the scene described the incident as unfortunate and called on BEDC to engage the services of professionals and also to use quality material to avoid such regrettable incident.