IKIMI OGHENEJABOR & CO.,
No. 114, Udu Road,
Delta State, Nigeria.
G.S.M No: 08036607603
6th September, 2021.
THE SECTOR COMMANDER,
JOINT TASK FORCE (JTF)., EFFURUN BARRACKS, DELTA STATE.
RE: CASE OF UNLAWFUL DETENTION OF MR. ENDURANCE SILVER IN YOUR FACILITY SINCE THE 20TH DAY OF MARCH, 2021 TILL DATE WITHOUT HIS FORMAL RELEASE OR TRANSFER TO THE POLICE AUTHORITIES FOR INVESTIGATION.
We have been briefed and our professional services retained by MRS. EVELYN SILVER, hereinafter referred to as OUR CLIENT and it is on her very succinct, firm and unequivocal instructions that we write you on the above subject thus:
1) It is our brief that our client’s husband, Mr. Endurance Silver, a commercial transporter was arrested by men of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) on the 20th day of March, 2021 at about 8:00pm along the East/West Expressway by E.J. Fast Food at Otovwodo in Ughelli, Ughelli North Local Government of Delta State, on a thumped up charge of vandalizing an Oil Well Head in company of one Mr. Isaiah Akrah, a charge the said Mr. Endurance Silver stoutly and vehemently denied.
2) It is our brief that upon his aforesaid arrest, our client’s husband, Mr. Endurance
Silver, was handed over together with his Volkswagen Golf 3 Wagon Car with Registration Number: SKL 998 AA to Men of the Military Police attached to the Sector 1, Joint Task Force, Effurun, Delta State where he has been held in custody since the 20th day of March, 2021 till date in very deplorable condition.
3) It is also our brief that on the 21st day of March, 2021 the said Mr. Isaiah Akrah was also arrested by Men of the Military Police attached to the Sector 1 and was subsequently released a month thereafter on terms while our client’s husband continued to languish in your above facility till date without his being released or his formal handover to the Police Authorities effected six months after his arrest and detention despite the numerous pleas of our client, hence this petition to your office.
4) It is in the light of the forgoing that we have the instructions of our client to humbly demand and WE HEREBY DEMAND that you order the immediate release of our client’s husband, Mr. Endurance Silver or in the alternative effect his transfer to the police authorities for thorough investigation as we have the further instruction of our client to seek lawful redress at the High Court of Delta State, Effurun against the Nigerian Army for the enforcement of the fundamental rights of our Client’s husband, Mr. Endurance Silver and claim damages at large against the Nigerian Army, PERIOD.
5) We trust you would abide by our above explanations as justice delayed is justice denied.
For: IKIMI OGHENEJABOR & CO.,
OGHENEJABOR IKIMI, ESQ.,