• Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Emerald News Nigeria
  • Home
  • Inside Delta
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Relationship
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Inside Delta
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Relationship
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Emerald News Nigeria
No Result
View All Result

Top Nigeria energy company reacts to lawsuit filed by FG

by Emerald Nigeria
April 13, 2023
in Special Report
ShareTweetShareShare

Seplat Energy, Nigeria’s biggest oil and gas company by market value, has reacted to the court action carried out by the Federal government alleging a breach of immigration law by the company and some of its directors.

“The suit is in relation to the immigration status of Mr. Roger Brown and the withdrawal of his immigration visa by the Ministry of Interior,” the oil driller said in the statement.

The lawsuit is the latest phase of the clash between Seplat Energy’s CEO Roger Brown and some stakeholders.

Bring to mind that earlier this year, concerned parties petitioned Rauf Aregbesola, Nigeria’s minister of interior, stating allegations of favouritism, racism, discrimination and breach of corporate governance against Mr Brown, a British citizen.

On 3 March, the minister had sent a letter to Chairman Basil Omiyi, informing him of the withdrawal of the CEO’s work permit as well as his visa and residence permit including a petition from a lawyer to the Seplat employees who made the allegations.

A week later, a Federal High Court in Lagos gave an interim order forbidding Mr Brown from management activities in Seplat Energy, granting the prayer of petitioners including Moses Igbrude, Ajani Abidoye, Sarat Kudaisi, Robert Ibekwe and Kenneth Nnabike.

Also Read:

Azikel group, Eruani threatens to drag Perekeme Fidelis Perekeme to court over alleged defamatory publication, demands retraction within 48 hours

BREAKING: Court Sentences 3 Suspects Linked to Oyo School Abduction to Life Imprisonment

Senator Nwoko’s Legal Team to Appeal Court Ruling on Okowa’s APC Senatorial Candidacy

PHOTOS: See Photos of 48 Properties Malami Forfeited to FG

The court also forbade the company’s chairman and all independent non-executive directors from running the company “in an illegal, unfairly, prejudicial and oppressive manner pending the hearing and determination of the petitioners’ motion on notice for interlocutory injunction.”

Seplat Energy said last week the court had repealed the orders initially issued against its CEO and its chairman.

The Company maintains that the petition lacks proper basis and is premised on false allegations,” Seplat Energy said in a statement issued after the court ruling.

Seplat said in the Thursday statement that it “continues to follow the rule of law and uphold high standards of corporate governance.”

The company added that it “remains confident that it has provided all of the required documentation to the Ministry of Interior and the judicial process will address the circumstances appropriately.”

 

Source: Premium Times
Tags: courtFederal governmentSeplat Energy
ShareTweetShareSend
Previous Post

(A must read) Buhari reveals most important task faced by Muslim globally

Next Post

NYSC DG says this aspect of corps members will remain top spot in his administration

Related Posts

2027: South-East Youths Declare War on Incompetent Leaders, Vow to Use PVCs as ‘Weapons of Change’

2027: South-East Youths Declare War on Incompetent Leaders, Vow to Use PVCs as ‘Weapons of Change’

August 18, 2026
CBN communicator takes top African honour

CBN communicator takes top African honour

August 18, 2026
Nigeria’s food inflation hits 20.31% as African households face rising costs

Nigeria’s food inflation hits 20.31% as African households face rising costs

August 18, 2026
Warri Rises! Olu Inaugurates Unity Games to Heal Three Decades of Wounds

Warri Rises! Olu Inaugurates Unity Games to Heal Three Decades of Wounds

August 17, 2026
BREAKING: Edo Speaker Quits as Impeachment Knives Come Out

BREAKING: Edo Speaker Quits as Impeachment Knives Come Out

August 17, 2026
I’m Putting It Behind Me – Adeleke Withdraws EFCC Suit After Tinubu’s Intervention, Points Finger at Oyetola

I’m Putting It Behind Me – Adeleke Withdraws EFCC Suit After Tinubu’s Intervention, Points Finger at Oyetola

August 17, 2026
Next Post
NYSC DG says this aspect of corps members will remain top spot in his administration

NYSC DG says this aspect of corps members will remain top spot in his administration

Trending

  • News Analysis: Curtailing sickle cell disorder in Delta state

    News Analysis: Curtailing sickle cell disorder in Delta state

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NAPPS Delta Elects Interim Exco as New Executive Pledges Stronger Advocacy for Private Schools

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Stop Calling Them Ogbanje — Tobore Oborevwori Advocates for Children with Special Needs in Ika Federal Constituency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • (Watch Video): Leaked S3x tape of another Nigerian celebrity is shared online, victim reacts as her video goes viral

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Osun Poll: Violence Forces ADC Candidate to Flee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Vacancy Announcement!! Livestock Nutritionist Needed! Apply Now

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING: Tension in Osun as Armed Security Operatives Lay Siege to Speaker’s Residence on Election Day

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • ‘Don’t Fail Your People’: Obasanjo Makes Surprise Visit to Adeleke’s Home, Issues Strong Charge After Landslide Re-election

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Face Your Music, We’ll Face Our Politics — Lawmaker Fires Back at Davido in Heated Osun Election Clash

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Osun poll drives trader sales

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Latest Stories

APM Sweeps Bauchi LG Polls: Opposition Boycott Hands Party Clean Sweep of All 20 Chairmanship Seats

August 18, 2026

2027: South-East Youths Declare War on Incompetent Leaders, Vow to Use PVCs as ‘Weapons of Change’

August 18, 2026

Nasarawa Electoral Commissioner Leaves APC for SDP Ahead of 2027

August 18, 2026

Osun defeat exposes APC divisions ahead of Nigeria’s 2027 election

August 18, 2026

CBN communicator takes top African honour

August 18, 2026

Nigeria’s food inflation hits 20.31% as African households face rising costs

August 18, 2026

2Baba’s wife takes key political role in Nigeria

August 18, 2026

Dickson names new aides to strengthen NDC operations

August 18, 2026

Edo Assembly leadership urged to unite as Okpebholo seeks stability

August 18, 2026

Osun Vote: Tinubu Urged to Protect Nigeria’s 2027 Elections

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

© 2024 Emerald News Nigeria.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Emerald News Nigeria
  • Inside Delta
    • Niger Delta
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Relationship
  • Special Report

© 2024 Emerald News Nigeria.