• Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Monday, August 17, 2026
Emerald News Nigeria
  • Home
  • Inside Delta
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Relationship
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Inside Delta
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Relationship
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Emerald News Nigeria
No Result
View All Result

Hot News: COVID-19 hits Aso Rock as Shehu Garba, Lai Mohammed, Buhari’s ADC, CSO, others down with virus

by Emerald Nigeria
December 25, 2021
in Health
ShareTweetShareShare

The rampaging wave of the dangerous coronavirus pandemic has hit Nigeria’s state house, otherwise called Presidential Villa, as many aides of President Muhammadu Buhari and top officials of government are said to have contracted the virus.

But the Nigerian government is keeping a sealed lip on the matter, even as newspapers correspondents are advised against reporting the surge in infections at the villa.

Investigations by PREMIUM TIMES revealed that apart from the permanent secretary in the State House, Tijani Umar; the President’s Aide-de-camp (ADC), Yusuf Dodo; his chief security officer (CSO), Aliyu Musa, and his senior special assistant on media and publicity, Garba Shehu, whose results were confirmed positive during the week, the minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed, is also down with the virus.

Some of the infected officials including Mr. Garba, sources disclosed, were taken out of the cabinet meeting on Wednesday when the result of their polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests came back positive.

Mr Shehu, who confirmed that he was “afflicted by the mild variant of the COVID-19,” in a text message shared with our reporter on Saturday, said he has “no confirmation” of other cases mentioned to him.

He added that he was already fit, claiming he just completed his physical exercises when our reporter called, but that it would require scientific evidence to claim that he no longer had the virus.

His message reads in part; “I have no confirmation of the cases you mentioned, but yes I have been afflicted by the mild variant of the COVID-19. I felt okay from the beginning, maybe because one had received all three jabs, and right now, I feel 100 per cent. I just finished my hour-long running exercise.

“But the strange thing about this ailment is that it is the scientists, not you, that will say you are okay. Right now, I’m taking my prescriptions and isolating, and would go back for a test to ascertain if the virus is still here or it has left me. Thanks for your goodwill.”

Efforts to get the reaction of Mr. Garba’s colleague and special adviser on media and publicity to the president, Femi Adesina, on the matter, were unsuccessful as his phone always indicated “busy” when called many times, and he also did not reply to a short message sent to him, many hours after.

On his part, the special assistant to the President on digital and new media, Tolu Ogunlesi, said he could not comment on the matter, as he referred our reporter to those he described as the government’s spokespersons.

Efforts to reach the information minister, Mr. Mohammed, also yielded no positive result as his phone line was not available for more than 24 hours while his aide, Segun Adeyemi, neither picked his calls nor replied to a short message sent to him.

However, reliable sources confirmed that Mr Mohammed and other affected officials are currently in isolation and are receiving medical attention.

This newspaper understands that due to the high number of officials affected by the pandemic, governance may have been affected at the centre.

Sources, who do not want to be quoted for fear of sanctions, said that the decision to shut down the office of the wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, earlier in the week, was not unconnected to the huge number of officials at the State House that were already confirmed positive for the virus.

The special adviser on media to Mrs Buhari, Aliyu Abdullahi, said though the situation was not part of the reason advanced for the early closure in the statement issued, it could also not “be unconnected to it.” He, however, declined to either confirm or decline, saying the president’s wife may have taken the decision to avoid the spread of the virus.

Also Read:

Tinubu Made Buhari President — And Buhari Returned the Favor, Gowon Reveals

D-CARES achieves remarkable milestone, expands beneficiary data base to 247000

Upfront Sale of Crude Oil: Hold your leaders in contempt for your woes- Mayor Akpodoro tells Northern youths, demands Buhari’s arrest, interrogation

Former Presidents Goodluck Jonathan, Buhari storm Aso Rock Villa, read what happened

Tags: BuhariCOVID-19Garba ShebuLai Mohammed
ShareTweetShareSend
Previous Post

JUST IN: Dada Ifasooto released after six months of detention, see his crime

Next Post

Incredible: DPO treats suspects to Christmas rice, drinks (check where it happened)

Related Posts

BREAKING: Nigerian Governor Launches Sickle Cell Centre, Disease Control Complex in Major Healthcare Push

BREAKING: Nigerian Governor Launches Sickle Cell Centre, Disease Control Complex in Major Healthcare Push

August 4, 2026
BREAKING: Another Former Deputy Governor Dies at 69

BREAKING: Former Nigeria’s Minister Dies Thursday at 79

July 30, 2026
EMERGENCY AT LUTH: Striking Doctors Say Hospital  is “One Step from Collapse” as Quarters Remain Unfinished

EMERGENCY AT LUTH: Striking Doctors Say Hospital is “One Step from Collapse” as Quarters Remain Unfinished

July 27, 2026
Lagos Vows: Garbage Crisis Ends in 6 Months

Lagos Vows: Garbage Crisis Ends in 6 Months

July 25, 2026
The Silent Killer in Your Veins: WHO Warns Millions Are Ignoring This Deadly Danger

The Silent Killer in Your Veins: WHO Warns Millions Are Ignoring This Deadly Danger

July 21, 2026
Pressure Mounts on Nigeria as Atiku Urges Tinubu to Suspend Works Minister Over Mysterious Death of Aide

Umahi Breaks Silence on Aide’s Death, Denies Foul Play, Seeks Autopsy

July 16, 2026
Next Post
Incredible: DPO treats suspects to Christmas rice, drinks (check where it happened)

Incredible: DPO treats suspects to Christmas rice, drinks (check where it happened)

Trending

  • News Analysis: Curtailing sickle cell disorder in Delta state

    News Analysis: Curtailing sickle cell disorder in Delta state

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Vacancy Announcement!! Livestock Nutritionist Needed! Apply Now

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NAPPS Delta Elects Interim Exco as New Executive Pledges Stronger Advocacy for Private Schools

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Delta Governor Sends Commissioner on Indefinite Suspension

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • (Watch Video): Leaked S3x tape of another Nigerian celebrity is shared online, victim reacts as her video goes viral

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Stop Calling Them Ogbanje — Tobore Oborevwori Advocates for Children with Special Needs in Ika Federal Constituency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Osun Poll: Violence Forces ADC Candidate to Flee

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Jarvis explains why she shaved her head before wedding

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING: Tension in Osun as Armed Security Operatives Lay Siege to Speaker’s Residence on Election Day

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Delta road crisis traps farmers, threatens food trade

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Latest Stories

BREAKING: Anambra Police Declare War On Extortion – CP Launches 24/7 Checkpoint Monitoring

August 16, 2026

Police Gun Down Unarmed Trader Over Vegetables- Officer Arrested

August 16, 2026

Adeleke Shocks Nation: Re-Elected Osun Governor Pledges Support for Tinubu’s 2027 Re-Election Bid

August 16, 2026

Billionaire’s Last Wish or Family Betrayal? Court Seizes Bode Akindele’s Empire as War Over His Will Turns Ugly!

August 16, 2026

No Sleep in Osogbo! Adeleke Triumphs Again, and the City Roars with Unstoppable Jubilation

August 16, 2026

Kim backs Putin as Russia ties deepen

August 16, 2026

Adeleke Takes Early Lead in Osun Poll

August 16, 2026

Adeleke Demands Fair Osun Vote Count

August 15, 2026

Adeleke Wins Polling Unit with 421 Votes as Osun Collation Begins – IReV Shows 1,386 Results Uploaded

August 15, 2026

Osun Governorship Election: INEC Hits 26.87% Result Upload on IReV Portal

August 15, 2026
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

© 2024 Emerald News Nigeria.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Emerald News Nigeria
  • Inside Delta
    • Niger Delta
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Relationship
  • Special Report

© 2024 Emerald News Nigeria.